Penal Law Article 130
At the Law Offices of Mazzei & Polk, LLC we understand that this can be a devastating offense with which to be charged. These offenses are devastating not just for the accused, but for the family of the accused as well. These types of matters generally receive a fair amount of media coverage and the consequences of a conviction can be life altering. It is for this reason that Mazzei & Polk, LLC strive to provide each client with the dedication, compassion and diligence that an aggressive representation demands.
We have experience handling all levels of sexually based offenses including, rape, child pornography, sexual assault, sexual abuse and statutory rape. We recognize that confidentiality is of the utmost importance in all matters of legal representation and Mazzei & Polk, LLC will provide the highest level of discretion on these types of matters. It is your reputation and we will seek to safe guard it.
New York Sex Offender Registration Act:
Since 1996, New York State has implemented the Sex Offender Registration Act, or SORA. SORA demands that any defendant who is on parole, probation, or is incarcerated for a sexual offense as of January 21, 1996 must register with the Division of Criminal Justice Services. This registered information is available to the public for inspection. This means that neighbors, future employers, future landlords and even friends and family will have access to this information. Failure to register when required to do so is also a criminal offense.
At Mazzei & Polk, LLC we have the experience you need to challenge the District Attorney and to fight for your rights. Call us today for a consultation: (516) 280-9035.
Article 130 – NY Penal Law
- 130.20: Sexual misconduct-A MISD
- 130.25: Rape in the third degree-E FELONY
- 130.30: Rape in the second degree-D FELONY
- 130.35: Rape in the first degree-B FELONY
- 130.40: Criminal Sexual Act in the third degree-E FELONY
- 130.45: Criminal Sexual Act in the second degree-D FELONY
- 130.50: Criminal Sexual Act in the first degree-B FELONY
- 130.52: Forcible touching-A MISD
- 130.53: Persistent sexual abuse-E FELONY
- 130.55: Sexual abuse in the third degree- B MISD
- 130.60: Sexual abuse in the second degree- A MISD
- 130.65: Sexual abuse in the first degree- FELONY
- 130.65-a: Aggravated sexual abuse in the fourth degree-E FELONY
- 130.66: Aggravated sexual abuse in the third degree-D FELONY
- 130.67: Aggravated sexual abuse in the second degree-C FELONY
- 130.70: Aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree- B FELONY
- 130.75: Course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree-B FELONY
- 130.80: Course of sexual conduct against a child in the second degree-D FELONY
- 130.85: Female genital mutilation-E FELONY
- 130.90: Facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance-D FELONY
- 130.91: Sexually motivated felony.
- 130.95: Predatory sexual assault-A-II FELONY
- 130.96: Predatory sexual assault against a child-A-II FELONY